If you’re wondering how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC, you’re not alone. While iPhone users are very much aware of how to get photos off iPhone to other Apple devices, they often have the slightest clue about how to import photos from iPhone to PC.
Let us give you a hint. It’s not nearly as complex as you think when you have the right tools. And by tools, we mean the PhotoStick OMNI. It’s the best way to migrate files from one device to another device regardless of what operating systems they run on.
In this post, we’re going to explore how to transfer iPhone photos to PC with the PhotoStick OMNI as well as some other generic methods.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
Delivering on our promise, we’re going to look at how to import photos from iPhone to PC in this section. We’re going to start off with the method we recommend and like the most, the PhotoStick OMNI.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC with the PhotoStick OMNI?
The PhotoStick OMNI is a spectacular backup device that comes with its own software and encryption. The new variant of this innovative gadget comes with a universal adapter that helps you connect the USB thumb drive to any device you can imagine.
Thanks to the integrated software on the driver, you won’t need to go through your files manually to sort them. The PhotoStick OMNI (click here to read our review) will automatically scan your storage for photos, videos, documents, and other important files and back them up.
While the primary purpose PhotoStick OMNI is not to be used as a flash driver, we say why not? It never hurts to kill two birds with one stone, right? You can use the PhotoStick OMNI to learn how to import photos from iPhone to PC as well as keep them as a backup.
The encryption on the PhotoStick OMNI allows you to protect your backup files as well. When you’re getting your iPhone photos to PC, you don’t want the files to be corrupted by viruses or malware, do you?
Believe it or not, file getting corrupt is a very common problem people face when using generic USB drives to transfer iPhone photos to PC. SO, here’s how you can use the PhotoStick OMNI to learn how to important photos from iPhone to PC.
- Connect the PhotoStick OMNI to your iPhone using the universal adapter.
- Download the PhotoStick App and select Backup.
- The software will go through your storage and show you the backup results.
- Simply connect the PhotoStick OMNI to your PC and wait for the interface to pop up.
- Use the backup file to restore the iPhone photos to PC in just one click!
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC Using Generic USB Drives or External Storage Drivers?
USB thumb drives are not as common as they used to be a few years ago. There was a time when having a flash drive was thought cool. Now, it’s been replaced by external hard drives or even SSDs. As a result, learning how to import photos from iPhone to PC has become even easier.
However, there is a catch when you use generic USB drives. First of all, they don’t come with any encryption. So, if your computer is connected to the internet and you have malware or ransomware stored on your PC that you don’t know about, you risk losing all of your data at once!
Also, generic USB drivers are notorious for failing without notice. You may use them the night before only to find them dead the next day. Boom! All of your data is gone. That’s why these drives are not a good idea at all for backups.
However, you can use such storage devices for quick transfers such as iPhone photos to PC. Make sure your PC and iPhone are free from potential malware or other security risks. Here’s the process.
- Connect the drive to your iPhone using an adapter. Select the photos you want to transfer and tap ‘Copy’.
- Once the copying process is done, remove the drive from your iPhone and connect it with the PC.
- Copy the files from the USB drive and paste them into your desired directory.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC Using a Cable
This should be your last resort if you can’t find any other way to learn how to transfer pictures from iPhone to computer. Because this is the wired method of transferring iPhone photos to PC. If the cable has any defects, you may corrupt all data during the transfer.
Here’s how you can use a USB cable to figure out how to import photos from iPhone to PC.
- Connect one end of your charger cable to the iPhone and the USB end to your PC.
- The PC should give you a pop-up about the device you connected being ready.
- Go to your file explorer and navigate to the internal storage of your iPhone.
- Now, copy the photos and videos you want to transfer to your PC. Right-click on the selected items and click ‘Copy’.
- Now, navigate to the location of your PC where you want to store the iPhone photos to PC, right-click, and select ‘Paste’. Allow the PC enough time to copy all the selected files before disconnecting.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC (MAC)?
The Mac OS is always updated to make the interface and the overall usability better. Thanks to the same parent company, it’s very easy to learn how to import photos from iPhone to PC on a Mac.
Here’s the process of getting iPhone photos to PC without any third-party software.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac OS PC using the USB cable. Unlock your iPhone.
- On your Mac, find the photos app and open it. Select the connection iPhone that shows up on the sidebar of the screen.
- From here on, you can either manually select the photos you want to import or click on ‘Import All New Items’.
- The finder of the Mac OS will find all of the photos from your iPhone and transfer them to your PC within minutes.
- This is a very safe method of learning how to import photos from iPhone to PC only when you’re dealing with 2 Apple devices. If one of them is not an Apple, you lose the safety offered by the parent company.
1. How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10?
The processing of learning how to import photos from iPhone to PC is similar across all Windows devices. You need to copy photos from iPhone to PC and paste them into your directory.
2. What’s the best method to download photos from iPhone to PC?
In our opinion, the PhotoStick OMNI is the ultimate tool that everyone should as their backup and transfer device. It’s the latest USB thumb drive from PhotoStick and it comes with a universal adapter to function on all devices!
3. What’s the best way to export photos from iPhone?
If you want to export iPhone photos to a PC (Mac), you can use the USB cable and use the Photos app on Mac or use the AirDrop/iCloud backup feature to go wireless. However, the easiest solution is to use The PhotoStick OMNI due to its ”’one-click” feature.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC is a commonly asked question among Apple users. Because Apple has done a wonderful job of adding transfer tools from one device to another but not for different OS.
That’s where the PhotoStick OMNI comes into play. It’s the safest and most straightforward USB backup drive in the market right now. Get yourself one before the promotional price expires.